Thursday, March 31, 2011

Victory will be mine...

There are a lot of random, useless knowledge that DH and I will throw around the house.  Can you name all 7 dwarfs (I could)?  Which leads into naming the Supreme Court Justices (I couldn't).  If I for sure want to stump my DH though, I should ask him for the Von Trapp Family names.  Because HE WON'T KNOW IT.  He has never seen The Sound of Music! 

I don't know if he was under a rock while growing up, but how can he not have seen this movie?  It's a classic!  It's been on TV a ton!  Beautifully restored and digital image-tized (totally made that word up).  But you know what I'm saying. 

This past weekend, I was reminded of this fact when Grease came on VH1 and he said something about never seeing it either!  What the what!??!  I feel like I don't know him at all anymore!  Ok, sorry, I feel melodramatic tonight.  I guess I shouldn't be shocked, but c'mon. 

So now....how do I get him to watch both the Sound of Music and Grease without letting him know that I've made it my mission??  Because he is as stubborn as I am.  Worse in some ways. So if he knows that I'm trying to do this, he'll totally buck the system and then relentlessly mock me for even attempting to dupe him. 
Do I make sure it's on the big screen that he just got?  Entice him with some Pizza Corner Pepperoni pizza and an ice cold Mellow Yellow in a frosty mug?  (seriously, it'd probably work better than a beer or a Limon/7).  Or do I pull out the big guns - bribe one of the boys to say they want to watch it with him?  ;)  (well, that's only for The Sound of Music - I don't think I'll let a 6YO watch Grease yet). 

Any tips to try to get him to watch these with me!?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment