Wednesday, August 11, 2010

If the shoe fits...

There are times when I am definitely not a “girly girl”. I live in a house with 4 males after all. But other times…I swoon at the sight of something pretty. I gasped audibly at Carrie’s remodeled closet in SATC. Part of that might be from my love of organizing (which is slacking right now, but that’s again, a tale for another time). I think part of it was also the gesture of it. But another part of it was definitely the fact that it was a closet built for a girl’s girl. The shoe racks, the lights, the bright white clean décor. Ah. Beautiful.


I have a tendency to buy shoes and purses. I don’t know when or how this started. The purses I will at least use. The shoes – I love them but won’t wear half of them because they’re too high, or don’t fit *quite* right. But if it is on sale, I’m buying it. As my husband likes to say “we’ll go broke with all the money you save us.” I’m an impulse buyer, it’s true.

So I happened to be near Minneapolis for work earlier this week. There was no way I wasn’t stopping at the Coach outlet. No way. So yes, I stopped. And yes, I bought. In my defense, it ended up being discounted twice – first 15% off and then 50% off that reduced price. I snatched it off the shelf. Looked inside, put it over my arm and continued to walk the store. One of the sales staff told me not to put it down if I truly wanted it as it was the only one like it in the store. Oh don’t you worry, I will not let it go. Found a couple other cute things but I couldn’t put down my first choice. It is khaki and pink – but more of a peachy pink. So cute. So perfect.

I will never be mistaken for a fashionista, but that doesn’t mean I can’t go nuts for a pretty purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment