Thursday, July 14, 2011

*dirty* little secret

So with DH's impending departure to far off lands, and the fact that three boys are insanely messy and I like to delegate...we've got help at our house.

In the form of a cleaning lady.  She comes to our house every third week and cleans up our messes.   And I L.O.V.E. her.  Bathrooms - check!  Kitchen - check!  Floors - check!  Check, check check!  Yay!

It has been such a relief to know that someone will come and help me.  And it has caused me to want to KEEP this place clean.  Yes, there's the everyday messes still, but I've become a lot more organized knowing that she's coming. 

I never thought I would have a cleaning lady.  With that, I have no idea how my mom kept our house up, with working all day and three kids making messes.  Though, I would prefer NEVER to hear "we don't need a dishwasher, that's why we had kids" again in my life.  Just sayin.

But for less than a tank of gas, she shows up every three weeks and cleans top to bottom.  Woo to the freaking hoo. 

Jay-bird is downstairs and says to me "Someone vacuumed our house!"  Yes, she sure did.   So he asks "why do we have a cleaning lady?" and I just look at him and say that I just can't keep up.  He nods sagely and looks me square in the eye.   "Me either mom.  Me either." 

Ha!  :)

*Mom, if you're reading this, I just want to let you know that YES, I did purposely keep this from you for months on end.  It's been about 3 months now since she started and I can't go back now.  How do you think the house was so clean for T's birthday?  I mean really!  I just didn't want to hear it from Dad for admitting this.  That's all.  But dang, it's nice to come home to a clean house.  For less than a tank of gas on a mid-size vehicle.  Seriously, wooo to the hooo.  :)  Ultimately, I blame Rikka for giving me her info and Travis for providing the excuse. 

4 comments:

  1. not sure why i'm the one to keep it from...i would love to have a cleaning lady! am i really that mean?? sheesh.

    to tell you the truth, i didn't notice it was any better than any other occasion you've had....so maybe it's never bothered me as much as it's bothered you that it might be bothering me!

    my house has never been very clean...i don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, it's not you that I'd keep it from. It's dad. I don't need to hear his crap! The whole "lifestyles" line gets old! A long time ago! :) Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to convince Jay that we need a cleaning lady forever! Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did my anal-retentive neat freak gene come from?

    ReplyDelete