Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sappy!!!

I used to be tough. I really did. I didn’t cry. I didn’t lament things lost. I could hit someone if I needed to (ok, just in the arm, but still). I was tough.

Then I got married. Shortly thereafter, my firstborn came along. And I got soft. Not just around the middle (because unfortunately, that did happen as well), but in life. I can cry at the drop of a hat, and it’s not just to get my way anymore. Well, not always. Heh. Some habits are hard to break.

Anyway, back to softening up. I used to mock the commercials that would induce tears (was it the Folgers coffee commercial at Christmas?). I now have to turn the station because I will bawl. Not just a sniffle, but actual waterworks and snot running down my face. Sexy. You know it. Anything can reduce me to tears. Movies. TV shows. Songs on the radio (this post was inspired by my eyes watering up at Brad Paisley’s “He Didn’t Have to Be” - and now I'm crying watching the video!!). What the heck is happening to me?

My mom is tough. Barely ever see her welling up. I wonder if she was a softie at my age as I am now. Will I regain my toughness? Is it lost forever? My co-friend and I have each other crying on a daily basis. What is WRONG with us!?!?!? I think with each subsequent pregnancy, I have lost a little more resolve. A puddle. I’m on the verge of a puddle almost all the time! But then other times…watch out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment