Sunday, June 27, 2010

Murphy's Law (for Parents)

Murphy's Law: anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.  Thanks Wikipedia.

In my view, early on a Sunday morning (real early, like some friends were probably just getting home kind of early), this can be changed to: If a kid's going to wake up, it's on the weekend.

I don't know what it is.  All of our children go to bed roughly at the same time every night, weeknight or weekend.  Doesn't matter.  We've got our routine down, and we stick to it.  But somehow - and here's my adaptation of Murphy's Law coming out - my children will sleep in every weekday and wake up early every weekend.  Parents, are ya with me? 

I am dragging their little booties out of bed every day of the workweek.  And then on the weekends, I can hear their little feet charging up the stairs a good hour before they wake up during the week.  ARGH.  Seriously!??!

And the little one.  He's still confined in a crib, so he basically just makes noise until you come to him.  I guess I should be thankful that he *usually* sleeps all night during the week when we have to get up for work, but dang it would be nice for him to sleep through on weekends when we can potentially sleep in.  So today - up at 4am.  And again at 6:30.  COME ON!! 

While we keep the boys on their same bedtime routine on weekends, we don't stick to it for ourselves.  So it's my own fault that I'm tired.  I know this.  But just let me blame the boys, please!??

No comments:

Post a Comment